We are happy to accept in-kind donations of the types listed below, and our most current list of needs is listed in each month’s e-newsletter. To make a donation, please send an email to confirm that we have capacity for your donation.
If you make a donation, please fill out this brief form (for our records). This can also be used to request a donation receipt for tax purposes. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with further questions.
- If you’d like to order items directly through Amazon check out our: Amazon Charity List here
- CLOTHING/ITEM DRIVES: Can you organize a group of friends or family from your school, place of worship, neighborhood, workplace, or other close community to help us collect critically needed items? Email us if this is something you’re interested in to find out what would be most helpful to us right now.
Once a week, we distribute donated clothing to our soup kitchen guests. During COVID, this is happening on Tuesday mornings (9:30-11 am), and guests receive clothing on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information about this program, email us.
Our guests are primarily men, so we have a very limited capacity to accept women’s clothing donations. Since our storage spaces are small, it is best to receive in-season donations (i.e. donations that the guests can use right away.) If you have out of season donations (i.e. winter gear in the summer) please contact us to check to see if we have sufficient storage space.
- Winter coats, jackets, and vests (XL and L are most useful)
- Hoodies, sweatshirts, sweaters (XL and L are most useful)
- Winter Gear: hats, gloves, scarves, etc.
- Ponchos & rain gear
- Backpacks & tote bags
- Men’s jeans, sweatpants, and t-shirts
- NEW underwear (boxers and women’s underwear), undershirts & socks
- Long underwear and thermals
- Men’s shoes, sneakers, and boots
Toiletries (travel sized is preferred):
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Hand lotion & moisturizer
- Travel-sized toiletries of all kinds, especially soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner
- Sleeping bags
- Masks for COVID-19 (surgical preferred)
- Small bottles of hand sanitizer
In general, non-perishable food drives are difficult for us to accommodate. The following is a list of items that are appreciated in limited quantities (because of our small storage spaces). We are unable to accept expired or previously opened food. With further questions, please email us.
Nuts (peanuts, pecans, almonds, pistachios, etc)
Tea (especially green tea)
High-quality olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Hot sauce
- Chocolate chips
Boxed (shelf-stable) soy or almond milk
Boxed (shelf-stable) broth (chicken or beef)
- Boxed (shelf-stable) soups
Herbs and spices (unopened, not expired)
Dried fruit (mango, apricots, ginger, etc.)
Juice boxes or pouches
Canned pumpkin puree
Unfortunately, we CANNOT accept the following items:
- Canned soup
- Canned vegetables (other than tomatoes)
- Canned tuna
- Individual shelf stable items (personal mac & cheese cups, single serve ramen noodles, etc.)
SUPPORT RESIDENTS OF OUR LOW-INCOME HOUSING:
Interested in supporting residents of our low-income housing? The following items are especially appreciated:
- Bug repellant mattress covers
- Sheets & comforters for twin beds (please note, if donations are not new, items must be professionally cleaned and bug-free)
- Pots and pans
- Gift cards for grocery stores and clothing stores for the holidays